Job Title: Country Manager
Organisation: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report Line: Director Commercial
Ref No: UGA-88
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Job Summary: The Country Managers will be responsible for specific operational zones of the airline network. Each Country Manager will be responsible for creating a comprehensive sales strategy and providing leadership at a strategic and commercial level for all sales activities in the respective zone. He/She will ensure the generation of long-term maximum profitable revenues and customer volumes for the Airline and establishing the Airline’s brand in the respective zone. He/She will report to the Director Commercial.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a sales strategy for the assigned area and define distribution networks.
- Benchmark Uganda Airlines products against the market and develop a universal sales plan to reach revenue targets.
- Develop and manage Sales Process improvement, analyzing different distribution channels and platforms.
- Be accountable for setting and management of metrics for good control of revenue performance and strategic compliance in the sales in liaison with the other team members and the Director Commercial.
- Design the strategic direction for the planning of revenue performance and price positioning for current and future seasons.
- Monitor shifting market trends and propose recommendations and implement strategies for attaining revenue targets.
- Identify and evaluate new markets and sources of business that will bring additional revenue by active participation in the promotion of Uganda as a destination.
- Manage the analysis, selection and appointment of representatives/franchisees in new identified key markets, including overseeing their performance and ensuring that the targets are achieved.
- Develop plans to implement and maintain sales professionalism standards to ensure that the Uganda Airlines brand is high profile.
- Develop, manage and coordinate projects and initiatives on behalf of the Commercial department.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets to the Commercial Director to maximise the opportunities and contribute to the success of Uganda Airlines.
- Measure the performance of all relevant business decisions such as pricing, incentives, deals and offers and review the impact for any further actions required thereof, including suggesting remedial measures if required.
- Establish and manage contacts at the highest level with clients to enhance the Airline image and facilitate the flow of information to maintain an edge over competitors.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all promotional collateral and advertising materials by ensuring maximum market exposure.
- Ensure availability of fares in markets for target customer segments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Uganda Airlines Country Manager job placement must have at least eight to ten years at senior managerial level in a reputable airline.
- Experience in Travel/Airlines industry – preferably in commercial sales management.
- Strong background in dealing with hospitality/travel industry sales or managing corporate accounts with international clients.
- Proven record of hitting sales targets with exceptional win rates.
- Experience in the development of RFP responses, sales pitches, and bid management.
- Experience in managing marketing and promotional campaigns with good bid presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Tourism markets and of the key players would be an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of other languages such as Swahili, French, and other international languages will be an added advantage.
- Management skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction, and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters, , complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at Click Here or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 12th July, 2021 by 4:00pm