Job Title: Programme Assistant
Organisation: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Officer
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization promoting the rights of Persons with Disabilities in Uganda and envisions “A just and Fair Society where Persons with Disabilities live a Prosperous and Dignified Life”. We exist to promote the rights of Persons with Disabilities in a Unified Voice for improved Livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Programme Assistant will work to enhance the quality of the Karamoja Inclusive Eye Health Project, which focuses on Eye Health. He/She will ensure that the programme is planned, implemented, coordinated, monitored and evaluated to the highest possible quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Karamoja Inclusive Eye Health programme team and all members of the partnership to coordinate the implementation of disability related activities and sharing of lessons learned.
- Facilitate disability and gender sensitive development planning and budgeting at the district levels.
- Manage all aspects of the programme cycle with the partners including effective planning, start-up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, documentation.
- Provide good quality information and stories relating to the programme success to support advocacy.
- Represent partners and the Karamoja Inclusive Eye Health Project in the programme and disability-related meetings, and advocate for partners’ philosophy and policies.
- Disseminate informafion about the work of partners for the Karamoja Inclusive Eye Health Project.
- Attend to visitors to and from the programme and partners.
- Work with partners to identify needs for technical support.
- Support partners and all programme team to ensure that all project documentation and reports are made available in a timely and accessible way.
- Assist programme partners in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor expenditure of project financial resources in liaison with the Finance and Support Services Manager and the Programme Manager etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Social Works and Social Administration, Development Studies, Nursing, Clinical Psychology or any other related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of working in different health settings. Experience in Eye Health should be of particular value.
- Knowledge of current issues, best practices and the local health system, particularly relating to the Eye Health and Persons with Disabilities.
- Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, human rights and Health.
- Significant experience in designing/managing/supporting health programmes for Persons with Disabilities.
- Experience in designing, managing and carrying out advocacy work in health, particularly Eye Health that is inclusive of Persons with Disabilities.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to other organizations.
- Experience in working with Persons with Disabilities for more than 1 year.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit.
- Ability to communicate in the local language of the region
- Change and improvement- Ability to consistently strive to achieve high standards of performance.
- Communicating- Ability to understand how his/her role contributes to the organisation vision and to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Decision-making-Ability to gather relevant information and using effective reasoning to make timely decisions.
- Planning and organization- Ability to prioritize activities and develops plans to achieve them, monitoring own progress.
- Delivery and implementation – Ability to gets things done and can be relied upon to do what they say they will and is committed to achieving good quality work to agreed standards.
- Team working- Ability to understand how his/her work affects others etc.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, copies of academic transcript and detailed CV including contact addresses of three referees physically at NUDIPU Offices or use the Organizations Postal Address P.O. Box 8567, Kampala, Plot 530, Bukoto Kisasi Road addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, NUDIPU.
Note: Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11th May 2021