Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer SUPREME Project will be responsible for SUPREME WV and Consortium Programme Administrative duties at the HUB; overseeing and performing administrative functions concerned with SUPREME Programme. Providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the SUPREME HUB office. Supporting the day-to-day running of the Supreme HUB, Supreme staff and partners through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials of SUPREME programme. He/she needs to be conversant with a variety of the SUPREME activities, partners and locations, concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
People & Service provider management
- Supervising, monitoring activities of administration staff in the SUPREME Program Management Unit Receptionist/Admin Assistant, Cleaners.
- Management of outsourced service providers for SUPREME for cleaning company, etc.
Planning, Documentation and events support for SUPREME project
- Identify key gaps in administration services and proposing measures to improve service delivery in the SUPREME project.
- Plan and provide logistical support for SUPREME meetings and other forums such as workshops and learning events.
- Provide management information for SUPREME project decision making through monthly report writing.
PMU Office and Field SUPREME team Accommodation Management
- Develop and maintain internal and external cleanliness standards of the office premises to ensure a good working environment
- Continuous improvement of the organizational image through ensuring proper office lay out and outlook
- Maintain adequate stock of refreshments and cleaning supplies and materials as per approved standards Monthly utility bills payments processing (electricity, water, telephone, security, repairs& maintenance).
- Maintain office and residential key logs and ensures both office and residential premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Maintain SUPREME assets (including assets register) and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
Communication and relationships
- Communication and dissemination of guidelines and framework agreements to consortium partners.
- Manage the SUPREME staff mobile airtime benefit including up to date airtime loading, and payment of service providers.
Hotel reservations processing and management
- Sourcing for quotations and processing requisitions for SUPREME staff and partners
- Order placement in line with approved rates
- Managing and coordinating service delivery between guests and the hotel
- Payment processing in line with set standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Temporary Administrative Officer SUPREME Project job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, management sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience in implementing administration, logistics and supplies-related activities of not less than two years, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Good report writing and feedback skills
- Excellent interpersonal problem solving
- Priority setting and Multitasking skill
- Advocacy and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Customer care experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Live out Christian values and able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Can perform other duties as required.
- English language is the most important in this position and other languages used in the area and other international languages such as Kiswahili, Arabic, French
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 11th May 2021