Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Host Organization: United Nations Resident Coordinator Office (UNRCO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Medical Oﬃcer
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Medical Oﬃcer, UN Resident Coordinator’s Oﬃce (RCO)/UNDP, the Administrative Assistant provides the following support;
- Support the timely and efficient organization by the Senior Medical Officer and the new enhanced clinic meetings and initiatives including assisting with logistics, maintaining the UN Doctor’s calendar and ensuring that the clinic has the required materials by reordering supplies.
- Assist establishment of the New Enhanced UN Clinic, programing, staff selection and placement, payroll, attendance.
- Support the Senior Medical Officer for travel management processes by coordinating travel arrangements (vehicle operations and maintenance, booking itineraries and hotels, obtaining security clearances when appropriate, preparing travel requests and travel claims in line with travel entitlements for staff and consultants).
- Assist the UNCT Clinic admin Assistant on population and maintenance of the Office database of contacts.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, generating reports.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol; answering and forwarding phone calls, screening phone calls, etc. Daily test of main switchboard line in use and report in case of failure.
- Compile bills, invoices and staff claims for submission to UNDP for payment processing.
- Control and maintenance of office operational equipment, initiate office procurements requests for approval and submission to UNDP.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UN Volunteers Administration Assistant – UN Clinic job must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience in administration or project support services (travel, budget, event planning, logistics, protocol, etc.) is required.
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP operations policies and guidelines is an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP systems i.e., Atlas, PeopleSoft is required.
- Required to be adept in use of multiple media –computers, smart phones, databases, etc. with strong skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Strong inter-personal skills are key.
- Experience as a pro-active assistant able to carry out tasks with a high degree of initiative and independence in delivering required outputs;
- Strong capacity to meet deadlines.
- Experience in functioning in a fast – paced environment in multinational organization with high-level senior executives and professionals is required.
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Language skills: English (Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
Previous experience in administration.
Competencies values: Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Self-Management
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th May 2021