Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Area Manager
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization with a vision to end all forms of poverty. FH globally currently has programs in 26 countries and support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, South Korea, United States of America and Japan. FH that has been working in Uganda since 1989, with its head office in Kampala and operations in the districts of; Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health & Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator- Health and Nutrition is responsible for supporting all health and nutrition activities within the cluster. In addition to the specific duties outlined below. the CDF— Health & Nutrition will be responsible for providing technical support and supervision to the health volunteer teams; contributing to reporting and data collection. initiating leading monitoring visits to supported facilities; and providing technical input, writing and budgetary input tor new program design.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program delivery
- Coordination and reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Health-related sector, Food science. Nutrition and relevant work experience
- A minimum of Four (4) years of practical experience working in communities with Health and Nutrition practices and experience. Previous work in a refugee context is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential. Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is a must.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ and demonstrate willingness to live in a spiritual community
- Working knowledge of implementing multi-sectoral developmental projects
- The person MUST have A VALID MOTORCYCLE RIDING PERMIT. including the ability to RIDE and care for a motorcycle.
- Ability to instruct and work with children, families, volunteers and community leaders
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken English a must. Working knowledge of Luo and other languages spoken in Muchwini.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: [email protected]
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 28th May, 2021. FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.
Deadline: Friday 14th May, 2021 by 4:30pm.