Job Title: Nurses (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing a five (5) year project (2017-2022), funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to support The Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control in Soroti and Karamoja Region. The goal of the project is to Achieve Epidemic Control through attainment of the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets by 2020 and strengthening health systems in Soroti and Karamoja Region.
Job Summary: The Nurse will take record of clients’ vital signs; prioritise the very sick for emergency/resuscitation in addition to providing nursing care to paediatrics, adolescents and adults in care registered with TASO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct nutrition assessment, counseling and support
- Provide family planning counselling and services to consented clients
- Monitor patients flow, preparation of examination rooms and taking of vital signs of patients
- Provide STI screening, prevention and treatment
- Ensure clients are sensitised on HIV/AIDS through conducting Health talks,
- Provide gender based violence screening and support
- Screen and manage Ols like TB
- Conduct early identification of pregnant mothers and linkage to ANC
- Provide eMTCT services to pregnant and lactating mothers
- Provide clinical evaluation and monitoring to ascertain the WHO clinical stage of the disease and exclude comorbidities
- Provide treatment, care and follow up to HIV exposed infants
- Participate in case conferences
- Follow up of lost clients
- Prescribe drugs when necessary
- Support in cervical cancer sensitization and screening of eligible women.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in nursing/midwifery with evidence of registration with Uganda nursing and midwifery council and knowledge of the local language.
- Knowledge of cervical cancer screening and management will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including: their telephone and email contacts. All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job Application Form which can be down loaded from the TASO Website at or TASO Offices in Soroti, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Center Program Manager,
TASO Soroti Center of Excellence located inside the Soroti Hospital Complex:
Deadline: 7th May 2021 at 12:00pm