Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Petroleum will support the compliance of petroleum licensees and contractors exclusive to the petroleum industry in line with existing laws and organizational plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support compliance of petroleum licensees and contractors exclusive to the petroleum industry with the tax laws
- Adhere to compliance strategies set by the division
- Support the quality assure initiatives of the compliance programs related to the Oil and Gas sector
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the information exchange and sharing within and outside URA and develop a databank of companies involved in the Oil and gas sector
- Participate in entry meetings and exit meetings
- Identify and profile risks per taxpayers
- Carry out tax field inspections and enforcement activities
- Provide periodical compliance reports as required by the division
Provide advisory services and technical guidance in the areas of Oil and Gas sector to the Line Manager and associated key stakeholders to improve awareness and decision making
- Assist in monitoring and assessment of the impact of oil and gas revenues on the economy to guide policy making and tax planning
- Participate in the formulation of tax measures to regulate collection of oil revenue
- Provide technical guidance to the URA legal team during handling of court cases
- Recommend measures to mediate potential risks in the area of oil and gas
Provide support and maintain harmonious relationships with key stakeholders amongst the designated taxpayers to ensure their collaboration in enhancing tax compliance
- Deliver tax education programs to sensitize licensees and contractors exclusive to the Oil and Gas sector and other government agencies on their tax obligations.
- Ensure timely responses to all correspondences with taxpayers
- Conduct courtesy visits to the taxpayers’ premises
- Perform the duties of a client relationship manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Petroleum job opportunity must hold an Honor’s bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce, law, economics, statistics, business administration, Engineering, Geology and any other related field
- Good understanding of national, regional and international tax laws
- Excellent Interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Good reporting skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Have good computer skills
- Have a wide range of research and analytical skills with attention to details
- An impeccable record of integrity
- Ability to teach and reach out to a variety of clients
- Resilience and commitment to work
- A master’s degree in Petroleum Accounting, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Law and Management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021