Job Title: Sub Program Accountant
Organisation: Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader with dotted line to Program Accountant
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
Job Summary: The Sub Program Accountant primarily ensures that accounting systems are maintained to provide the information required for planning and monitoring and reporting for Sub program operations, for safeguarding assets, discharging liabilities and legal responsibilities, in accordance with the LWF Uganda policies and budget provisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the financial and accounting activities of the assigned sub program;
- Maintain and enforce compliance with internal control systems at the sub program level and periodically review existing internal control systems in order to improve their effectiveness;
- Coordinate all internal/external audits at the sub program level and regularly review audit reports of the sub program and follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor the performance of all projects in the sub program on a monthly basis and ensure all high-risk items are brought to the attention of Sub Program CMT and the Finance Manager within shortest time possible;
- Perform Budget Vs Actual analysis on monthly basis and advise sub program CMT on areas of red flag on over/underspend;
- Control, Regulate, and Guarantee that all expenditures at project level are made in line with donor requirements and in compliance with established procedures;
- Prepare financial project monitoring reports for submission to donors through the head office;
- Ascertain that vouchers and claims are correct, with appropriate supporting documents attached before submitting them for checking and endorsement by the TL;
- Prepare budgets at project level and verify their accuracy & suitability with sector heads, TL and Finance Manager;
- Prepare cash flow projections and manage the cash flow of the sub program in order to ensure that sufficient funds are always available;
- Provide leadership and Supervision to all Finance Staff in the assigned sub program;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the LWF Uganda Sub Program Accountant job should preferably hold a University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, or CPA is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- At least five years of professional experience working for an INGO in a humanitarian setting.
- Knowledge and use of accounting software (Preferably SAGE)
- High integrity, accountability, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Ms Excel with ability to present financial information in a succinct manner;
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and an ability to gather information from different (sometimes conflicting) sources, and synthesize it to arrive at an accurate picture of the situation;
- An independent frame of mind and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 16th April 2021 by 5:00pm