Job Title: Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Monitoring and Evaluation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother’s determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions.
Job Summary: The Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer will oversee the development and use of data systems. He/she will implement efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within. The Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer performs under the leadership of the Director Strategic Information & Evaluation. Working closely with the Ministry of Health, AIDS Control Program, the incumbent will work towards coordinated and efficient efforts in managing routine and non-routine data generated, synthesized for use from the various sources as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation and enforcement of policies for effective data management
- Participate in the formulation of techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Participate in the establishment of the rules and procedures for data sharing with MOH, EGPAF management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support the program team in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to MOH, EGPAF and donor standards
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Participates in the review of the data management plan, maintains the data management plan throughout lifecycle of projects and ensures data management plan is followed according to project reporting and data requirements/needs.
- Assist and provide input into study and project level data analysis plan to inform reporting requirements
- Assist in defining and/or create data listings, summary table validation, data specifications and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review and/or data management audit.
- Coordinate the archiving of databases and related documents.
- Respond to requests for standard and ad hoc data reports as required in a timely manner
- Participates in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable.
- Facilitates data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of reported through data verification and auditing at site level to enhance related compliance to data quality standards in line with EGPAF M&E minimum standards
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through review meetings with MOH, project, and facility staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s (honors) degree in statistics or demography or population studies, epidemiology informatics and a formal qualification in data management
- At least five years of progressive experience in data management and implementation of monitoring, evaluation of public health donor funded programs
- Knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages MS-Office, STATA, GIS, PowerBI
- Practical experience in working with routine health information systems at the facility, district and national level.
- Thorough familiarity with the Uganda MOH HMIS system and the DHSI2.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including the capacity to prepare and deliver formal presentations on programs and results
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to think concisely, critically as well as distill information to lay audience
- Ability to fully grasp the complexity of data management.
- The candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures.
- Tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit a cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as one file in pdf format through the link below addressed to at the link below:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Deadline: 23rd April 2021