Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Driver will provide safe transport for Pride’s management, staff and equipment to and from designated places as requested by the direct supervisor. The Driver will be reporting directly to the Administrative Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Transport guests and staff, collect and deliver documents and parcels to various destinations.
- Transport guests and staff to destinations.
- Collect and deliver documents, parcels and equipment as directed.
Maintain Pride’s vehicles.
- Carry out pre-driving checks.
- Maintain a clean vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle is not tampered with while being washed.
- Keep proper records of fuel consumption.
- Service of vehicle at approved garage.
Ensure safety of passengers.
- Verify working condition of seat belts, door locks and windows.
- Maintain a zero case of accidents; if an accident occurs, follow Pride’s policy and guidelines.
Check that the vehicles have valid road licenses, motor third party and comprehensive insurance and, car-tracking devices.
- Comply with road traffic laws and internal insurance policies.
- Verify that the vehicle has a valid road license, motor third party, comprehensive insurance and car tracking devices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) Driver job placement must hold an O’ Level certificate
- Valid driving license
- A certificate in mechanics & defensive driving is added advantage
- Two years of experience in driving
- Should be organized, dynamic, mature, flexible, hard working with a high level of integrity and a team player.
- The candidate should be aged between 28 – 35 years.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting the vehicle faults
- Knowledge of traffic laws.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, apply immediately using the online link below.
Deadline: 7th May 2021