Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Service Desk Officer will be reporting directly to the Manager ICT Infrastructure and will be responsible for providing first and second line technical support in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving ICT issues for Pride staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a first point of contact for phone calls and emails from Pride staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receive, log and manage calls from Pride staff via telephone and e-mail
- Troubleshoot IT related problems for systems and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to relevant unit
- Follow up on the status of issues and communicate progress
- Contact approved service centre on issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Provide basic in-house training in applications used by Pride
- Provide training material for trainings
- Provide statistics for weekly call/email issues and prepare report on trends
- Draft documentation to assist Pride staff with information on ICT usage.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) Service Desk Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution in Computer Science or in any other relevant field.
- Should have Certifications in CCNA.
- Should possess 2 principal passes at A’ level
- Should posses credits and or a pass in Mathematics and English at O’ Level
- Two years of working experience in a busy ICT environment preferably within a banking institution.
- Should have a high degree of integrity, customer awareness, interpersonal, communication and reporting skills.
- The ideal candidate should be self-driven with high levels of integrity, business acumen, efficiency and compliance.
- She /he should also be well versed with use of IT.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, apply immediately using the online link below.
Deadline: 7th May 2021