Organisation: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women’s non-governmental organization based in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer, Women and Leadership Programme is responsible for supporting the programme team in fundraising; developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders; participating in planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and collaborating with other departments to develop integrated programming. S/he will focus heavily on supporting programme design, donor/partner engagement, information management and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning, implementation and management of FOWODE projects.
- Prepare work plans and budgets to guide project implementation
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of program activities including development of indicators to assess progress.
- Develop program, progress, donor and other reports.
- Generate ideas and participate in fundraising for the organization.
- Participate in research, policy analysis and advocacy and contribute to regional/national policy discourse.
- Develop partnerships and alliances relevant to the program and represent FOWODE in different fora.
- Develop work related stories and document best practices for print and electronic media.
- Supervise Field Officers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Gender Studies, development and Public Policy, with a background in Sociology from a recognized university.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years working experience in a nongovernmental organization preferably in democracy and governance work.
- Keen understanding of the country’s political and social dynamics; analytical and conceptual skills and ability to translate there into program development.
- Substantive knowledge and understanding of gender equality issues and more broadly human rights, leadership and governance.
- Experience of influencing state actors at national and local level on policy issues
- Ability to complete succinct policy briefs as well as lengthy reports
- Good public speaking skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to: [email protected]
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE however, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Wednesday, 14th April 2021 at 5.00pm