Job Title: Human Capital Business Partner
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Capital Business Partner
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Human Capital Business Partner, the Human Capital Business Partner will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated branches. The position supports management on human resource-related matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Execute an integrated HR approach for organizational effectiveness that includes performance management, talent management, development, employee relations, as well as culture and engagement initiatives.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the designated business unit to either deliver or broker services that address issues pertinent to HR and business unit alignment, organizational effectiveness, and/or leadership capabilities.
- Communicate, train on and enforce core HR processes (e.g. performance, talent reviews, employee relations, talent acquisition, etc.) to managers and associates within assigned business units.
- Act as a liaison between the line and Human Capital to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Carry out resource gap analysis in liaison with line managers and participate in the recruitment process to fill all critical positions in a timely manner to ensure business continuity at all times.
- Coordinate the Performance Management process in order to instill a performance culture in all Staff and Line Managers.
- Provide advisory services to Staff and Line managers on employment legislation issues in consultation with the HR and Legal Departments respectively, spearhead and manage employee relations within the departments and ensure compliance by all parties.
- Identifies critical HR metrics and shares results with both HR and business management.
- Creates a vision for the talent management strategy at the business unit level by understanding the talent needs of the business and identifying talent issues before they impact the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Human Capital Business Partner job should hold a Degree level education preferably in Human Resources, Social Sciences or a business degree.
- A post graduate diploma in HRM will be an added advantage.
- Membership to HR professional body.
- Five years of professional experience in Human Resource Management in a competitive business environment.
- Good knowledge of the Labour Laws of Uganda (Employment Act).
- Ability to use data and analytics to influence leaders and make business decisions.
- Ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Substantial business acumen: strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy.
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
- Effective team player and good at networking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge in banking is desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below; [email protected]
Deadline: 29th April 2021