Job Title: Officer, Tax
Organization: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, Tax will be in charge of the preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual taxation returns in accordance with the Tax Acts and procedure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payment of resultant taxation
- Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual taxation returns in accordance with the Tax Acts and procedure.
- Making all tax payments when due (Such as VAT, WHT, PAYE, Corporate Tax)
- Monitoring business unit compliance with the VAT and Income Tax Act.
- Provide first line of taxation support to the business units.
- Custodian of the company’s permanent tax file.
- Ensuring that all tax records and correspondence are appropriately maintained and filed.
- Implementing and monitoring compliance with the Group’s Uniform Tax Operating Procedures.
- Ensure effective balance sheet substantiation for all tax balance sheet accounts.
- Identification and reporting of taxation risks within SBUL.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, Tax job placement must hold a Com/BBA (Accounting/Finance).
- ACCA or CIMA or CPA (U).
- Tax related courses will be an advantage
- Two to four years of banking experience
- Understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of Ugandan Taxation Laws and regulations
- Good computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- Working knowledge of accounting software. (Knowledge of SAP and Finacle will be an advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at the link below.