Job Title: Officer ICT Security (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer ICT Security will implement and maintain ICT security controls to safeguard the Authority’s Information Technology systems and infrastructure against security risks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in the design & building of the URA’s information security architecture in support of the URA’s mission
- Engage key stakeholders to elicit security requirements adequate to provide assurance of security
- Evaluate the efficacy of existing security controls & provide expert advisory services in this regard
- Carry out threat modelling and security reviews for Software Development projects
- Assist in developing information security policies, standards & guidelines
- Provide input into the development of URA’s IT Security Strategy
Support & maintain Information security solutions to ensure their continued efficacy
- Test, deploy, maintain, review and administer the infrastructure hardware and software that are required to effectively manage network defenses.
- Install, config, troubleshoot and maintain server security configurations to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Work with other teams to ensure good security practice is followed during deployments
Identify, analyse and mitigate threats to URA’s IT Infrastructure
- Carry out vulnerability assessments & penetration testing to establish the effectiveness of internal controls
- Use defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
- Analyze digital evidence and investigate security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation and investigations.
- Keep abreast with emerging industry security threats that could potentially impact URA’s IT Infrastructure & work towards strengthening URA’s security posture
Facilitate information security awareness programs
- Provide input into the security awareness content
- Conduct security awareness training using various channels
- Conduct phishing assessments and other testing to ascertain level of awareness among different categories of staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer ICT Security job must hold an honors Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science or related technical science degree from a recognised University.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in security, network administration, software development role gained in a complex IT environment
- Knowledge of cyber threat actor categories
- Knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
- Knowledge of cyber-attack stages
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of system administration concepts for operating systems such as but not limited to Unix/Linux, IOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of packet-level analysis using appropriate tools (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Knowledge of OSI model and underlying network protocols
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge of Application Security Risks
- Knowledge of prevalent cyber threats, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Knowledge of how traffic flows across the network
- Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques.
- Knowledge of network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup)
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools.
- Knowledge of Security Service Management Frameworks & methodologies ( ISO 27001, ITIL4, DevSecOps )
- Knowledge of concepts and practices of processing digital forensic data.
- Knowledge of installation, integration, and optimization of system components.
- Knowledge of Interpreted & compiled computer languages
- Skill in applying security controls.
- Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques. (e.g., remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.).
- Skill in performing packet-level analysis.
- Skill in technical writing.
- Skill in writing about facts and ideas in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
- Ability to prepare and deliver education and awareness briefings to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Ability to answer questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to ask clarifying questions.
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Ability to communicate effectively when writing.
- Ability to conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Ability to operate common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup)
- Ability to execute OS command line (e.g., ipconfig, netstat, dir, powershell)
- Information Security Certification Such as; CISSP, CSSLP, CEH, Security+, Any GIAC, OSCP, CCSA, CCNA or other Vendor Specific InfoSec Certification
- Certification in ITIL, LPI
- Experience in managing Web or Network Firewalls
- Experience in threat Modelling & Secure SDLC
- Experience in maintenance of Network Infrastructure
- Experience in penetration testing & vulnerability assessments of network, web or mobile platforms
- Experience in digital forensics & incident response
- Experience in installing & Securing Server Infrastructure
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st May 2021