Job Title: Plumber Technician (Entry Level URA Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Plumber Technician will lead the installation and maintenance of plumbing works across URA to facilitate business operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct installations and preventive maintenance of plumbing works to facilitate business operations
- Draw up inspection schedules and carry out periodic inspections
- Conduct minor installations and repairs on plumbing works and generate status reports
- Monitor performance of Office cleaning services and sanitary facilities
- Prepare status reports and recommend possible solutions where necessary
- Respond and report on plumbing incidents within acceptable time frames
- Provide feedback reports on raised incidents
- Maintain a register of ongoing incidents and their resolutions
Prepare terms of reference, BOQs and specifications to facilitate procurement of plumbing services in the organization
- Prepare layouts and BOQs for plumbing works and maintenance
- Raise procurement requisitions in the e-procurement system and follow up on their progress and Implementation
- Follow up to ensure delivery of the procured items to the end users
- Verify and recommend tax invoices for procured items for payments
Maintain a database of maintenance and installation works carried out for accountability purposes
- Develop and maintain an up-dated database on plumbing works and prepare status reports for stations across the organization.
- Draw a maintenance schedule and conduct periodic maintenance on equipment that require plumbing works
- Generate periodic maintenance status reports and submit to the Supervisor.
Monitor usage and recommend payments of water bills to avoid erroneous expenditure and ensure uninterrupted service to all URA stations.
- Carry out meter readings, reconcile payments and update the database
- Collect cheques from Cash Office and effect payments to service providers
- Follow up with service providers and ensure uninterrupted service to all URA stations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Plumber Technician employment opportunity must hold a Diploma in Plumbing obtained from a recognized institution
- Two years of hands-on experience in plumbing works in a reputable organization
- Knowledge of IEE regulations
- The incumbent should have good communication skills
- The incumbent should have good interpersonal skills
- S/he should have Resilience with the ability to travel frequently
- The incumbent should have an impeccable record of integrity
- The incumbent should have basic computer knowledge
- S/he should be creative and innovative
- Training in fabrications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021