Job Title: Finance and Grants Officer
Organisation: Abt Associates
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Lead
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
About USAID Project:
USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN) is USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigezi sub-region); Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region); Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region) in Karamoja region.
Job Summary: The overall objective of the project is to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in its area of operation by maximizing economic opportunities for vulnerable households, stabilizing their access to and consumption of diverse and nutritious diets and increase social capital by reinforcing relationships among formal governance systems and communities.
The Finance and Grants Officer will provide general support finance, subcontracts and grants processes. This position is based in Kabale, Kigezi, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the regional team lead in managing finances and processing payments with in the Kigezi region.
- Coordinate regional procurements and logistics. Liaison with suppliers, including obtaining quotes, processing payments and ensuring deliveries
- Support subcontractor/s and grantees to prepare timely periodic financial reports and advance requests.
- Advice and monitor subcontracts financial management practices to ensure efficient use of ICAN resources.
- Work closely with the sub-contractors Finance team to put in place a consistent- hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related documents.
- Provide capacity building for sub-contractors and grantees in financial and administrative management and help them in implementing their individual capacity building plans.
- Working with regional technical team to support subcontracts in the budgeting and work planning process.
- With support of the Regional Lead, coordinate the grant making process from solicitation to contracting.
- Maintain grants tracking tool to ensure payment requests for grants deliverables submitted are correctly paid. Work with Kampala-based Grants Manager and Accountant to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees to avoid disruption to activity implementation.
- Conduct periodic checks of grantees activities as part of ongoing process to ensure that grants are utilized as per grant agreement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Finance/Administration or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in project finance, subcontracts and grants management support.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Excel, Word. Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions
- Results-oriented, team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma + Six years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree + Four years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th April 2021