Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 44,197,171 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2020-019
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Administrative Clerk- Facilities Management is assigned to the Facility Management Office and reports directly to the Senior/Deputy Facility Manager. Provides clerical/secretarial support to the Senior Facility Manager, Deputy and assistant Facility Managers, and the designated Facilities Engineering and Maintenance Supervisors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports and manages the Facility Manager’s daily work schedule and planning activities. 45%
- Provides administrative/clerical support to the Senior, Deputy and Assistant Facility Manager(s), and designated Locally Employed (LE) personnel including Facility Engineers, the Maintenance Supervisor, and Shop Foremen.
- The Administrative Clerk will receive telephone and e-mail inquiries for all types of facility related issues, will provide information and direction as necessary, and keep the Facility Management team apprised of customer complaints so corrective measures can be taken.
Performs administrative duties as assigned by the Facility Manager (FM) such as drafting memos, typing correspondence and maintaining all files, records, and reports. 35%
- The Administrative Assistant will draft memos and type correspondences to both internal and external sources; will maintain all files, records, and reports in easily accessible locations such as electronically on the shared drive, or hard copies in approved filing cabinets.
- Keeps the maintenance library organized and up to date when manufacturers submit revised O&M manuals.
- Prepares translations of official documents for the Senior Facility Manager and the Facility Management ICASS customers as required.
- Provides support to TDY personnel by assisting with country clearance responses, hotel arrangements, providing post and country information literature, arranging transportation, etc
- Tracks and monitors all Building Maintenance Expense (BME) service contacts (approximately 10 contracts) to ensure contractors are meeting the requirements of their service contracts. Submits access requests to the Regional Security Office (RSO) and tracks approval/rejection status of each access requests. Makes arrangements for escorts for contractors personnel including Cleared American escorts for work/service performed in Control Access Area (CAA) locations.
- Tracks contractor invoices for BME service contracts and Repair and Improvement (R&I) contracts to ensure they are accurate and complete when submitted, and submits them to be paid according to the prompt payment act. Will provide guidance to contractors when invoices are incomplete or need revision. Will work closely with GSO Procurement and Financial Management when processing invoices.
- Is trained in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and serves as the alternate Work Control Clerk under direction of the Facility Manager and may be instructed to determine work order priorities and scheduling. The incumbent will run CMMS reports as requested by the FM to track the total cost of maintaining properties or equipment, work performed for agencies, work order backlog reports, and reports of work accomplished by individual and shop.
Is primary time keeper for the Facility Management Section.
- Uses the Department of State TATEL software program to report time and attendance (T&A). Monitors LE staff attendance, reports habitual tardiness and abuse of annual and sick leave, and reports LE staff overtime as requested by the his/her Senior, Deputy or Assistant FMs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Administrative Clerk- Facilities Management job opportunity should have completed secondary school. Required.
- At least two years working as an Administrative Clerk/Assistant or in a clerical setting, or equivalent experience.
- The incumbent shall possess job knowledge to include general computer literacy, basic math, and office management and administrative skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and other computer programs, and customer service oriented.
- The incumbent must be a visionary, forward thinker, and quick understudy with an aptitude to learn so he/she can anticipate the needs of the office and those individuals he/she supports.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal with a myriad of personalities including frustrated customers; able to handle a large workload that encompasses multiple tasks.
- Must be organized, methodical, decisive, and have professional telephone skills.
- Language: English level III (Good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th May 2021