Job Title: District Activity Officer
Organisation: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Uganda
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
About USAID Project:
Overview: Pathfinder International was awarded a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
Intermediate Result Areas: The FPA’s three Intermediate Result areas (Rs) are; Uganda leadership and coordination strengthened to support FPA Positive social norms and behaviors enhanced to improve healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies; and access to quality FP increased!; will be implemented in 11 districts with three cluster offices in Masindi covering Kiryandongo, Bulissa and Kyankwanzi; Fortportal Cluster covering Kyegegwa, Kyenjojo, Kibale, Ntoroko, and Bundibugyo; Masaka Cluster covering Gomba and Rakai districts with head office in Kampala overseeing all but covering Butambala.
Job Summary: The District Activity Officer (DAO) will support the district in building capacity and offering technical assistance to public facilities and drug shops/pharmacies to ensure quality service delivery, compliance, timely reporting. The DAO will work closely with the FPA team to identify capacity needs and draw strategies to address those needs. They will work closely with service delivery points and communities to ensure gender concerns are addressed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Public health, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or related health fields.
- Proven expertise in capacity building preferably in health.
- Three years of experience working with SRH program, two of which should be in family planning.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in the Districts.
- Excellent management and inter-personal skills, and ability to maintain strong relationships across different partners, district and community structures.
- Possession of a valid motorcycle rider’s permit.
- Knowledge of the local languages in the district of Rakai is a MUST.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send a cover letter indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager USAID/Uganda Family Planning Activity (FPA) and a detailed CV indicating current and expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees; preferably supervisors to [email protected]
Deadline: 16th April 2021