Job Title: Commercial Manager (Oil & Gas)
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: QSSU-OG-CM-COMMERCIAL MANAGER – OIL &GAS
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan. On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas Industry, we are looking for a competent and experienced Commercial Manager purposely to Co-ordinate and negotiate Commercial Agreements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general commercial support to the Company management for activities associated with the project, negotiation of new commercial agreements and providing expert advice to those administering agreements.
- Manage Company Gas Sales activities from a local commercial perspective and ensure that all contractual obligations, nominations, and deadlines are met.
- Lead negotiations on oil and gas and draft agreements including commercial screening of options for pre-development assets. Also negotiate restructured cost sharing agreements.
- Primary Commercial Contact for the company from both an internal and external perspective.
- Maintain Commercial Key Agreements records for the project.
- Provide oversight on all commercial matters relating to the design, construction, and supply contracts under the project.
- Manage and provide strategic advice on the procurement and budget control functions.
- Provide commercial/contractual advice on the resolution to problems encountered during contract formulation.
- Manage and support team to ensure contracts are effectively managed during the contract period and to ensure its close-out is in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage the claims process and make recommendations for claims and other contractual matters to the senior management.
- Attend progress review meetings, schedule and claims meetings and be responsible for commercial actions arising from the same.
- Support other contractual requirements as deemed necessary.
- Responsible to provide senior-level guidance to assigned personnel and ensures proficiency and timeliness of all contract administration functions.
- Mentor all assigned personnel and undertake annual reviews and appraisals.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Develop risk matrices to be incorporated into operational / project management reviews.
- Perform project analysis for ensuring the financial returns are in line with the tender / contract agreement and business objectives.
- Establish and maintain a system of commercial management tools for the effective control, assessment, monitoring and reporting of the commercial function performance.
- Prepare, negotiate, and manage contract and subcontract framework agreements as required to support Company activities.
- Closely administer and manage all commercial aspects of projects and contracts.
- Review business opportunities, tenders, and contracts to identify areas of risk including liabilities, indemnities, and insurance requirements.
- Prepare, qualify, negotiate, and approve customer and supplier contracts and the effective management of existing contracts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree or above / postgraduate diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronic, etc. or other relevant legal or commercial discipline from an accredited university.
- At least 5-10 years related experience including 5 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas with a firm understanding of commercial agreements, exposure, and a solid understanding of international best practice.
- Extensive knowledge of gas sales and Drafting of related Commercial Agreements.
- Ability to manage complex matters in a transparent and inclusive fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective frameworks, policies, and procedures to ensure timely access and minimize associated impacts.
- Well organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong skills as a competent negotiator
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Excellent team leader.
- Highly motivated and achievement orientated.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their cvs and cover letter to [email protected] indicating Commercial Manager in the Subject.
Deadline: Friday 30th April 2021