Job Title: Audit and Assurance Officer
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Investigation Officer
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Audit and Assurance Officer will give assurance on the adequacy and reliability of processes, policies, systems, and controls, focusing on areas such as project management and regulatory/ development partner requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review internal controls and give assurance whether they are in accordance with the established internal control framework and whether the control risks and their potential consequences are identified and mitigated.
- Review and evaluate UETCL projects governance system and give reasonable assurance whether it is in accordance with Project governance frameworks.
- Assess and evaluate UETCL Projects planning and implementation activities and give reasonable assurance whether these are adequately executed.
- Review and evaluate the project management practices and give reasonable assurance whether proper methodologies and techniques are applied in ensuring project success.
- Review the regulatory, Development partners’ requirements and give assurance whether the company has complied with all the requirements.
- Conduct value for money audits for both tariff and non-tariff projects.
- Participate in conducting project related Audit investigations.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commence, BBA, Finance and Accounting or any other relevant qualification from a reputable University.
- Possession of at least level II of any professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA.
- Auditing/Accounting experience of 3 years in a reputable organization/ Audit firm.
- Knowledge and experience in auditing Government Projects is desirable. a Member to the institute of Internal Auditors of Uganda will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in use of Teammate or ACL will be an added advantage. a Ability to gather Data, compile information and prepare audit reports.
- Possession of good Interpersonal skills and high degree of integrity.
- Highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
How to Apply:
All interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager,
Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
P.O. Box 7625, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Thursday 22nd April, 2021.