Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Planning – Internal Audit will implement the departmental planning, support and quality assurance activities to facilitate the achievement of departmental set objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement the Departmental strategy to achieve departmental objectives
- Participate in the documentation of all activities in the departmental work plan and translate them into the departmental strategy to aid tracking of strategy implementation.
- Engage section heads to receive departmental performance against the set Work plan and submit to supervisor planning.
- Follow up with and support section heads on the preparation and submission of monthly reports to the Supervisor for further management
- Document departmental initiatives and submit to the supervisor
- Prepare departmental communications to stakeholders as guided by supervisor planning
Report on resource utilization according to the departmental work plan.
- Receive divisional performance reports, consolidate, validate and report to the supervisor through monthly performance reports
- Track the utilization of departmental resources and availability of funds to support departmental activities and report to the supervisor planning
- Raise RPOs as per the departmental procurement plan and follow up on the same in the system with PDU and finance accordingly
- Follow up with service providers to ensure they deliver as per issued LPOs and client expectations
- Activity Code the expenditure claims on the IPMS ( Integrate Payment System) for payment by the URA Finance payment desk
- Write monthly budget exception Reports and submit to the Supervisor planning
Follow up on audit queries with all clients to Improve compliance to URA standards
- Compile responses to all audit queries from all departments, key stakeholders and prepare reports for submission to Supervisor planning
- Liaise with the Supervisor to follow up with departmental planning liaisons on closing all outstanding audit queries in the system and report to the manager
- Provide day to day support to the respective IA liaisons on managing the audit queries and closing of the same in the system
- Follow up on the resolutions of audit query engagements and report to the supervisor on status
- Prepare materials and coordinate all meetings with stakeholders as per the departmental stakeholder matrix.
Implement activities of the Human Resource Development function of the department to develop skills of staff for efficient service delivery
- Follow up on and receive the Training Needs from the sections managers and provide a report on the same to the Supervisor planning
- Coordinate all in-house internal trainings and with all trainers to ensure delivery of programs
- Write monthly reports on training programs conducted and submit to supervisor planning for further management
- Prepare and follow up on training memo’s for approval by Supervisor Planning
- Reconciling the training budget with Learning and Development team and report to the supervisor planning
- Update the IA staff training and skills inventory
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Planning – Internal Audit job must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in any business related field or equivalent
- At least two years of work experience in a planning role
- Knowledge of the URA Budgeting Guidelines and Accountability Standards
- Knowledge of the government budgeting cycle and the Uganda Public Finance Management Act 2015.
- Knowledge of the Human Resource Manual
- Knowledge of Business Process Documentation and Management.
- Knowledge of general auditing principles and frameworks
- The incumbent must have good Communication skills
- He / she must be assertive and firm
- He / she should have an impeccable record of integrity
- He / she should be analytical with an attention to detail
- He / she should have good Inter personal relationship skills
- Training in M & E, budgeting
- Training in Procurement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st May 2021