Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation
Duty Station: Uganda
Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which
provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of
nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against
Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries:
Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti and
Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $92 million in programs, and
approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices and the three
Head Quarter Locations of New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi. Additional
growth is anticipated.
Job Summary: Action
Against Hunger is looking for a highly competent and vibrant person for
Monitoring and Evaluation Officers role in our Kyangwali and Kiryandongo Bases
to oversee monitoring and evaluation activities. The incumbent will develop and
implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program, track progress of
key indicators and provide timely report to the MEAL Coordinator and Field
The M & E
Officer role’s purpose, engagement and delivery is to provide Technical support
in data gathering, collation and reporting of activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
and accountability Systems
- Assist in the design and implementation of appropriate M& E
systems various projects in the mission.
- Support the development of independent feedback mechanism for Action
- Produce regular program reports, visibility and behavioral change
- Ensure accuracy and validity of donor reports
- Assist in follow up on the use of visibility items and messages for
projects for all the existing projects under your supervision.
Evaluation and Learning
- Assist MEAL CO and PMs to develop data collection tools and
procedures basing on project indicators.
- Assist in tracking program/Project progress and activities performed
in line with agreed national work plans.
- Assist in development of monthly costs, budgets, purchase
requisition and provision of needed incentives in surveys, monitoring, and
evaluation and learning activities.
- Provide training to project partners and communities on
participatory monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Enter and analyses reports/ data of projects in a timely matter
- Assist the National MEAL Coordinator to undertake project review
sessions, while documenting lessons learnt.
- Facilitate/Participate in Project hand over and Exit surveys
- Support and lead on collection of base line survey data, situational
analysis and contextual analysis of Action Against Hunger projects
existing in your area of work
- Assist in training of Partners on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in documenting life stories, lessons learnt and evidence of
success in program implementation.
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation,
monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E guideline and
minimum standards, activities, and reporting.
- Participate in coordination meetings as delegated by National PQA
- Explain ACF Monitoring and evaluation process, reports and position
with external stakeholders and participants where necessary.
- Provide support to PMs and Project Coordinators with updated trends
of project and indicative performance on a regular basis.
- Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and
equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and
promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls)
regardless of gender,
- Sex orientation, disability, religion, race, colour, ancestry,
national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Economics, international
development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject,
with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international
humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting
gender equality within the work
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in
nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible,
flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work
under pressure • Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Kobo collect, Microsoft
Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote
areas, where services are limited
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding
- We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
& qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability,
marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies
with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
How to Apply:
applicants should submit their Merged CV and cover letter by filling in the
application form via the link Click
Here . The cover letter
should be addressed to: The Head of Human Resources, Action Against Hunger with
the title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-(Base Applied for) as the subject.
Please note that the link is case sensitive.
Deadline: Friday, 5th March 2021 at 5:30 PM.