& Inclusion (Handicap International Federation)
Project Name: Bahia
UGX 2,208,949 /=
Reports to: MEAL
International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is
an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in
situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside
disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve
their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental
About Bahia Project:
Bahia Project is an
11 months project implemented by HI in coordination with Plan International in
Madi Okollo District (Imvepi and Rhino settlements). Its objective is to
Promote public health and support the protection of vulnerable populations from
contamination to Covid-19 as well as increased protection risks while restoring
their dignity and capacity to meet their basic needs through:
- Containing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic through strengthened
prevention and response capacities of communities, local and international
- Preserving the ability of the most vulnerable and affected people to
meet the additional food consumption and other basic needs caused by the
pandemic, through their productive activities and access to social safety
nets and humanitarian assistance.
- Vulnerable affected communities having equal access to essential
services and the most vulnerable people putting in place mechanisms for
protection and resilience in the face of distress and/or risk of violence
Technical sectors of intervention cover: Public Health, MHPSS, WASH, Cash-based
intervention and Community-based response.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the responsibility of the Country MEAL
Manager and direct coordination with the Project Manager and Technical Unit
,the MEAL Officers will;
development and implementation of the project’s MEAL Framework
· Contribute to the development of MEAL systems
and processes, by implementing the MEAL framework and procedures working
closely with the BAHIA Project Manager.
· Support project team develop project
management tools (PM Box, mapping of actors and required databases) in close
collaboration with the Project Manager.
· Actively contribute to the design and
execution of situational analyses, baseline surveys, follow up assessments and
special research related to the project.
· Ensure M&E tools, especially data
collection tools, and processes are understood and used accordingly by project
· Ensure team adherence to the project
specified monitoring and reporting requirements.
· Analyse data for accuracy; flag validation
and quality issues, and contribute to system fix
· Participate in the development and
implementation of HI’s accountability processes
· Contribute to planning and execution of
knowledge management processes as required.
development and implementation of the project’s CVA activities related MEAL
· Monitor whether cash or vouchers are received
by the right person, safely, on time and in the right amount
· Monitor beneficiary’s satisfaction regarding
the payment agent, distribution process and their safety throughout the process
· Monitor spending pattern within beneficiary
households, through analysis of expenditure prioritization
· Monitor Community satisfaction regarding
· Establish dashboards and guidelines aligned
to SMART indicators to assess performance and inform programmatic decisions;
· Conduct Post-Distribution Monitoring.
project monitoring in relation to expected targets and objectives
· Contribute to monitoring the relevancy of the
interventions in relation to HI’s mandate in the BAHIA consortium, and
approaches used and the context of intervention.
· Keep track of the project monitoring and
evaluation schedules and strict adherence to specified procedures.
· Maintain use of existing indicator tracking
tools: develop databases and tracking templates as needed to demonstrate the
effectiveness of project interventions.
· Undertake regular visits to field locations
together with Inclusion Officers to support execution of required monitoring
and evaluation processes.
· Establish a good communication and
collaboration with project staff towards a sound project monitoring of intervention
to MEAL Data Management
· Collect good quality monitoring data in a
timely manner and organize data collected for reporting to Project Manager.
· Compile and provide analytical outputs to
compile program technical reports. Create and integrate graphics in reports and
information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way.
· Participate actively in the improvement of
the Information Management System according to project and management needs.
· Support integration of Washington group
questions into partners’ information management tools.
· Conduct regular field process monitoring,
quality assessments and data validation. Provide feedbacks and recommendations
for timely improvements.
· Ensure confidentiality and security of data
management according to HI standards.
· Actively participate in planning and
facilitating knowledge sharing and learning activities including project
reviews and learning events.
Respect of HI
identity, rules and policies In
coordination with the Human resources manager and the Operations Manager
· Know, understand, apply and respect HI code
of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure,
HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention
of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual
exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood,
applied and respected by its team
· Know, understand, apply and respect HI
security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his
· Regular refresher trainings are organized
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Humanity &
Inclusion Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer job
placement must hold a Post Graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation;
· Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, Information
Management, Social Sciences, Demography, Population Studies, Development
Studies and other related fields.
· At least three years of professional
experience in an NGO
· At least two years of professional experience
· At least two years of professional experience
in Humanitarian Response related fields
· At least two years of experience in the field
of livelihood/cash-based intervention
· Experience in managing Information systems
· Planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and
· Mobile Data Systems management
· Capacity building, training and coaching
· Perfect fluency in English: written and
spoken and strong writing skills;
· Advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and internet
· Familiarity identifying and compiling
project’s learnings: lessons learned success stories and case studies
· MEAL Tools development
· Develop Mobile based information systems
· Survey CTO / Kobo
· Data Protection
· Result and solution oriented
· Ability to work under high pressure;
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
· Good communication and networking skills
· Strong interest in the fields related to HI
As soon as possible
Length of contract: 11 months
UGX 2,208,949 /=
· Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to
apply to become a part of our organization.
· HI staff must adhere to the values and
principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
· HI operates and enforces policies on
beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding,
Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
· HI does not solicit funds in exchange for
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet
the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three
professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as
One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at [email protected] indicating
Deadline: Friday 13th March 2021 by 5:00pm
NB: Any efforts to
influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. Due
to the urgency of this recruitment, HI reserves the right to fill the position
before the closing date