Job Title: ICT Security Administrator
Duty Station: Kampala,
Reports to: Head of Information Technology
Orient Bank is a
leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth
over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and
prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of
the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is
reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another
first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over
TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The
ICT Security Administrator will coordinate and monitor the data security of
banks information systems, compliance with standard ICT security practices,
providing consultation and creating a general awareness on the ICT security to
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the Installation, configuration, upgrading and updating
of software and Hardware security, Logical & Physical security to all
the Banks systems/requirements and Data and storage.
- Coordinating monitoring of servers and applications for errors and
performance /security problems.
- Monitor system resource usage and changes in user access rights in
terms of security.
- Coordinating end of Period processing, system and data backup
processes and archiving of data.
- Carry out end of day processes in order to update customer balances
and generate offline balances for branches in line with ICT policy and
- Maintaining user access rights for the banking systems in line with
the ICT policies and procedures.
- Implement and Monitor Intrusion attack attempts / Data theft
attempts and deletion and prevent the data loss and un-authorized access
to the bank infrastructure.
- Monitor the IT network for violations and attacks in line with the
IT security policy.
- Test the effectiveness of the security safeguards in place and
prepare and test the IT disaster recovery plan (DRP) in line with the IT
- Draw up a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for IT systems and carryout
an IT system Risk Assessment and produce a report for management in line
with Basel II Capital accord.
- Ensure appropriate Proxy servers and firewalls are in place and
monitor all the logs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer
Science / Information Technology or Degree in any field plus postgraduate
qualification in IT/Computer Science
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in IT systems &
- Knowledge of the CISCO routers and switches, Linux/Solaris Security
- Knowledge of the network design
- Knowledge of the minimum space required for the system to run
- Understanding of Back up and data recovery procedures
- Knowledge of procedure for installation and configuration of data
- Understanding of System development cycles
- Knowledge of Firewalls/proxies and Routers/switches
- Understanding of Network scanners/ vulnerability assessment tools
- Demonstrated good customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve/ escalate issues as
How to Apply:
All interested candidates
who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications,
and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: [email protected]
Deadline: 3rd March 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted