Job Title: Enforcement Officer
and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
The Lotteries and
Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the
Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 to supervise and regulate the
establishment, management, and operation of lotteries, gaming, betting, and
casinos in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Enforcement Officer will mainly
investigate and enforce against illegal and non-compliant activities in the
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
investigations and enforcement to ensure that gaming laws and sector standards
are adhered to.
- Implement departmental activities in line with the work-plan.
- Carry out investigation into any malpractices in the sector and
generate reports in line with existing legal framework
- Receive/gather information and carry out investigations of illegal
and noncompliant operators in the sector.
- Carry out routine and adhoc enforcement against illegal and
- Identify post-enforcement issues that require follow up.
- Issue of corrective orders for any gaps identified.
- Liaise with police to confiscate illegal gaming equipment in line
with existing legal framework, LGRB policies and procedures.
Reporting on extent
of compliance with the law, standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare periodic enforcement reports indicating status of operator
compliance as a result of enforcement actions.
- Follow up to ensure enforcement recommendations are implemented.
operations to determine compliance risk.
- Identify and report compliance risks.
- Identify and report matters that require review of the regulatory
- Conduct research on matters impacting the Boards mandate and make
reports to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honours degree in Law, Commerce,
Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology,
Statistics, B.A Social Sciences, Economics or any other related field from
a recognised university.
- Post graduate qualification in relevant field is desired
- Past investigative experience
- At least a year’s relevant experience in a reputable organisation.
- Integrity, confidentiality and high ethical conduct
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Computing applications for data analysis and reporting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested
candidates who meet the requirements must provide copies of certified academic
and professional qualifications. Applications should be addressed and submitted
to the following address;
The Ag. Chief
Gaming Regulatory Board,
Plot 1, Colville
February 2021 by 4 pm.