Job Title: Logistics Associate
Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Reports to: Head
Supply Chain and Head of Programme
United Nations World
Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting
hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger
in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes
to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and
children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets
food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict
and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to United help
communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million
people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the
global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships
necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions,
especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: The Logistics Associate (Engineering) will
provide support to the development and management of construction projects
under the Arua Field Office as well as support the revamp and enforcement of
EDP and FDP sites under the AO operations for security enhancements,
maintenance and structural improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute to the implementation of WFP
Policies, standards, norms and practices ensuring compliance with wider WFP
policies, procedures, guidelines and operations.
· Provide engineering and project management
services, apply best practises, standards and innovative technologies that
comply with WFP standards and processes.
· Contribute towards the analysis of project
proposal to enable effective decision making on project technical feasibility.
· Prepare evidenced based recommendations for
senior staff on measures to improve WFP facilities suitability to operational
purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
· Collate data and contribute to preparation of
accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making
and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
· Provide technical guidance that support a
successful construction procurement process.
· Participate in technical or design review,
exchange of knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and
engineering technologies, to facilitate implementation of innovative
· Contribute to strengthening the supply chain
by providing technical support and guidance on logistics and supply chain
related issues and services, to AO and Country Offices, particularly for
· Follow emergency logistics preparedness
practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed
resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
· Support the capacity building of WFP staff
and its partners, including the government and private sector, for efficient
and effective delivery of food and cash assistance to beneficiaries (i.e.
through contribution to development of SOPs and training materials).
· Participate in the on-going review of
internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day
efficiency of the refugee operations and teams.
· Identify and build productive relationships
with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an
integrated approach to food assistance.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with
internal and external clients to effectively meet clients’ expectations.
· Contribute to preparedness actions, providing
technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations
World Food Programme (WFP) Logistics Associate (Engineering) job vacancy
must hold a university degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business
Management or equivalent training/courses from a recognized institution
· At least five years of experience in
logistics planning, prioritization and execution of plans, including arranging
logistics supplier deliveries, loading and discharging operations of cargo
ships under charter and liner cargos.
· Experience in coordinating port service
providers’ contract execution.
· Experience in monitoring and reporting on
supply chain and logistics conditions and trends.
· Effective communication, stakeholder
management and influencing skills. Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive
information to a wide range of individuals.
· Ability to identify data discrepancies and
rectify problems requiring attention.
· Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job
training to more junior staff.
· Language: Fluency in both oral and written
communication in English and any West Nile languages used within the location
of the duty station is a MUST.
· Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Demonstrates ability to design basic supply
chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to
ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its
beneficiaries and partners.
· Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt: Collects and analyses relevant technical data
from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and
makes evidence-based proposals.
· Information Management & Reporting: Liaises with internal and external
stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and
disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
· Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational
Execution: Demonstrates ability
to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with
WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
· Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to implement operational
warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse,
handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss
· Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates abilities to provide basic
technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified)
logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant
How to Apply:
qualified candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme
(WFP) are encouraged to apply online at the link below
Deadline: 3rd February 2021