Job Title: Information Technology
Wildlife Conservation Education Centre (UWEC)
Reports to: Finance
and Administration Manager
Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre (UWEC) evolved from an
animal orphanage set up by the Game Department in 1952 as a sanctuary to care
for; the sick, injured, orphaned wild animals, sometimes confiscated from
illegal wildlife trade. In 1994, under the Trustees Incorporation Act Cap 147,
UWEC was transformed into the Entebbe Zoo. Through the UWEC Act-2015, UWEC is
now a fully-fledged statutory body under the Ministry of Tourism Wildlife and
Antiquities by the UWEC Act, 2015.
The UWEC Act, 2015 mandates UWEC to; undertake Conservation Education,
wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and breeding of endangered animal species among
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Overseeing the provision of software
(application/ information systems) support services over the UWEC’s ICT
infrastructure and resources including:
· Developing state-of-the-art Information
Systems and supporting the business activities of the Centre.
· Ensuring the continuity, maintenance and
security of the UWEC’s information, ICT infrastructure and resources.
· Ensuring that the Centre’s internet
connections, website and intranet are fully functional and well maintained.
· Maintaining all information systems at the
· Developing an application maintenance
schedule; managing efficient implementation of backup, virus protection and
security procedures, including data protection policies.
· Running daily and/or periodic system and data
up-dates, and submitting status reports to the F&A Manager or other
appropriate Centre managers.
· Ensuring that the Centre’s website is
· Implementing and monitoring all
software-based information security controls, policy, procedures and standards.
· Supporting and implementing software-based
quality control measure for converted courses.
· Maintaining a database/log of all installed
hardware and software; maintaining a software library and storing original
copies of installed applications
· Documenting all installed systems.
· Designing, implementing, monitoring and
reviewing procedures for managing and recording installations and configuration
· Maintaining the network operating system,
Internet filtering systems and setting up disk caches and firewalls.
· Performing other duties as may become
necessary for the smooth running of the
Department or Centre as a whole.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in
· Professional qualifications desired
· At least three years of related work
How to Apply:
If you fit in any of the above rewarding and exciting positions, please
submit your application together with a CV, copies of relevant academic
documents, personal contacts, names and contacts of three referees. Please,
indicate the position being applied for, attach them in one folder which should
not exceed 25mbs and send to [email protected]
Address Applications to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre
P.O. Box 369, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 12th February,2021
Please Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates shall be contacted.