Uganda Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM)
CCM Secretariat Coordinator/ Executive Secretary
Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) is the Board at country level that oversees the
mobilization of resources and grant implementation to ensure that Funding
requests and applications to the Global Fund are country led and grants are
effectively and efficiently implemented in Uganda.
Monitoring & Evaluation will support the CCM in the coordination and
maintenance of a functional oversight system for monitoring the implementation
of CCM strategic priorities; and the management and implementation of the
Global Fund grant activities, in liaison with the Principal Recipients (PRs)
while ensuring routine sharing of information and reporting on grant
performance to the CCM
- Support the CCM Secretariat effective coordination and
implementation of the Uganda CCM work plan activities
- Develop and maintain functional work plan tracking tools and
measures for the CCM
- Provide administrative and technical support to the CCM Programme
Oversight Committee and the Monitoring & Evaluation function of the
CCM, including annual work planning.
- Support, follow-up on and keep track of the implementation of the
recommendations, actions and decisions from the CCM Committees’ and Board
- Support the development and implementation of CCM Oversight Plan.
- Support development and implementation of CCM Work Plan, Budget, CCM
Performance Evaluation framework and CCM Secretariat Performance
Evaluation framework in-line with the Global Fund CCM guidelines and
- Support the CCM oversight of grant implementation activities by the
PRs and Sub Recipients (SRs); and review performance of intended grant
- Keep abreast of the Global Fund guidelines, Funding and Reporting
requirements; and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Global Fund grant
- Provide technical support for the alignment of Global Fund
performance frameworks with the national Monitoring & Evaluation
(M&E) frameworks & plans for the various disease components.
- Support oversight of grant implementation activities by the PRs and
SRs; review performance of programmatic targets for the Global Fund
- Plan and lead the coordination of the CCM oversight field/Site
Visits and provide technical guidance to the CCM Site Visit teams prior to
and during the Site Visits.
- Synthesize information from the Global Fund grants implementation
and performance; to guide the CCM Board in oversight, strategy and policy
- Support the PRs’ quality assurance and reviews, reinforce timeliness
for Performance Updates & Disbursement Requests (PUDRs) reporting and
submission to the Global Fund, for performance based decisions on
- Support the CCM’s knowledge management, communication, information
sharing, and publicity of CCM activities.
- Timely preparation of quality periodic documentation, related to
programme oversight, reporting, information sharing and Monitoring &
Evaluation (M&E) activities of the CCM.
- Support the CCM in providing oversight over the timely
implementation of the new Global Fund and CCM grants implementation
- Technically support and guide the PRs in reviewing and proposing the
programmatic strategies during the National Strategic Plan development,
review and evaluation processes for the various disease components.
- Support the team implementation of the CCM Secretariat’s Performance
targets in-line with the CCM Performance Evaluation Framework
- Support the CCM’s compliance with the CCM Eligibility and
Performance framework requirements set by the Global Fund, Assessments and
implementation of the CCM
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social
Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Health Promotion/Management/Economics,
Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatics, Medicine, or any other
related/relevant field from a recognized university.
- A Master’s Degree qualification in any other related or relevant
field is highly preferred.
- Monitoring & Evaluation training is an added advantage
- At least eight years of general experience in program management
with reputable international development agencies; and national
coordination, oversight or implementing agencies/ organizations.
- Five years of relevant experience in Programme Oversight, Management
and/or Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) of projects and programs in
the social or health sectors within Government, NGO or international
- Specific experience of working with multi-donor projects in
HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria in Uganda is an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the use of Dashboard
monitoring and reporting tools as well as advanced statistical methods and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, digital media and
web-based analytical tools.
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation experience, competencies and skills
- Excellent programme planning, oversight and management skills.
- Experience with work plan and budget development
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse range of
- Strong inter-personal skills and proven ability to engage and
interact with high-level officials from the Government, Civil Society,
Development Partners/Donors and the Private Sector.
- Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Planning, organizational and coordination skills
- Public relations and customer care skills
- Ability to apply health indicator and data analysis techniques is
- Ability to efficiently handle/manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
set priorities and work in a winning team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline & output- oriented
- Good report writing and editing skills are essential
- Funding/project proposal writing and development skills
- Good organizational and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent oral/verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary team player
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of national
Government, NGO, Donor, Private and Development Sectors
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively with minimal
- Records management competencies and skills
- Proficiency in English language skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software, digital media and
qualified candidates should endeavor to provide and attach the following:
- Application cover letter (including
valid Address, Telephone and E-mail contact details)
- Application Form, Download
- Contacts of three (3) referees
(including email and telephone contact details)
- Copies of academic and professional
qualification transcripts &certificates
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs
- Copies of letters of appointment from
previous and/or current employer(s)
applications should be sent to the Office of:
the Uganda Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), C/0 Uganda AIDS Commission,
Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road, Ntinda, P.O. Box 10779, Kampala, Uganda