Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD)
and Administration Director (FAD)
for Relief and Development (AIRD) is a non-governmental, non-political,
non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of
protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDPs in Africa in
partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
overall responsibility for the Human Resource management of the Expatriates and
Head Office National staff.
- Implement AIRDs SOPs and partnership agreement regulations as
stipulated in the signed Donor Agreement
- Build strong teams among Head Office staff to achieve AIRD strategic
- Ensure that all Expatriate and Head Office National staff are issued
with letters of appointment, contracts, job descriptions and
identification cards in a timely manner
- Actively participate actively in preparing project proposals and
budgets for entire Human Resource operations
- Establish and maintain effective communication with UNHCR and other
lead agencies regarding program development, funding opportunities,
agreements and staffing
- And any other duties assigned by the Finance and Administration
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of all Expatriate and
Head Office National staff according to the HR SOP requirements and ensure
the implementation of their contracts as per the labor laws of Uganda
- Implement and coordinate induction of newly hired staff in liaison
with Line Managers while promoting the AIRD’s Vision, Mission and Core
- Develop, review and update Job Descriptions for all Expatriate and
Head Office National posts as and when applicable
- Ensure that all Expatriate and Head Office National staff
performance evaluations are conducted annually by end of December each
- Develop and implement the 360 degree staff performance appraisal
tool and also disseminate it to our 9 country offices as good HR practice.
- Review the HR SOP and Induction Manual, while ensuring compliance
with other country labour Laws
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Human
Resource reports to the FAD in a timely manner
- Develop and implement HR work plans according to the expectations of
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, system, tactics and
procedures across the organization in line with the HR SOP
- Strengthen the relationship between management and employeesthrough
professional personnel grievances handling
- Identify staff Training Needs and develop a training plan for the
Head Office national staff while recommending appropriate interventions
- Review other Country Office local labour laws and ensure Head Office
compliance in those Countries
- Ensure security and restricted access to personnel records and
information, while updating documents and a tracker for reference
- Manage leave for the Expatriate and Head Office National staff,
update their leave days balances and share reports with the FAD on monthly
- Spearhead the procurement and renewal process of the staff insurance
service providers in liaison with the FAD and be the focal point person
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Human Resource
Management, Organizational Psychology or in a relevant field.
- At least five to seven years of experience working in HR management.
- Proficiency in computer skills and HR software.
- Experience in working with international development partners,
international nongovernmental organization (INGOs) and donors (in
particular UNHCR experience) is an asset.
- Must be conversant in French and English (written and spoken).
qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter stating
qualifications and experience, and their suitability together with latest
updated C.V. by email to [email protected] Please kindly note in the
email subject line: “Application for Human Resources Manager.”
latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or
find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline