Community Services Officer
Uganda Limited (IAU)
Limited (IAU) is a non-governmental humanitarian national organization
established in 1988, and duly registered with the NGO Board and NGO Forum. IAU
is actively involved in programs geared towards the protection and improvement
of lives of disadvantaged people living in urban and rural areas in Uganda and
in the Great Lakes Region. InterAid Uganda is focused on its thematic areas of
Rights Protection, Education, Livelihood & Food Security, Health
(HIV&AIDS; Malaria; Maternal and Reproductive Health), Water, Sanitation
& Hygiene (WASH), Environment and Disaster Management and good Management
and Governance systems.
The Senior Community Services Officer will steer the planning, coordination and
implementation of all project activities in the community services sector.
- Support the programing section to coordinate, guide and facilitate
operational planning and implementation of integrated development programs
and projects in community section.
- Provide strategic leadership in all community related activities.
- Responsible for project reports for all sectors under direct
supervision on weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annually.
- Document the best practices implemented, success stories and case
studies of the community level changes for dissemination and learning at
the strategic level
- Ensure appropriate filing and availability of documentation required
for internal and external communication.
- Effectively manage the relationship between IAU and the community
structures and other stakeholder in line with community services.
- Work with the programs team to translate work plans into operations
and monitor their implementation across all desks
- Provide day to day administration, coordination, supervision and
guidance for project implementation, ensuring that it is executed
according to the approved work plans to the teams under supervision.
- Support the programs team to work with respective teams to ensure
that activities are curried out as planned.
- Support and guide staff under supervision in development of work
plans in line with planned activities.
- Conduct frequent field visits and monitoring of the program
implementation and provide timely feedback and support to project teams to
ensure successful delivery of the project targets and results.
- Responsible for coordinating all community visits.
- Responsible for community engagement and participation in all
program activities implemented.
- Works hand in hand with community structures in order to ensure that
all targeted beneficiaries and stakeholders are on board.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the desk heads on a
regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards and funder
requirements and report to the programs team.
- Lead in identification and documenting of community needs and
- Provide support in development of proposals for resource
mobilization as and when required.
- Responsible for managing all distributions to PoC as and when they
- Provide technical support and guidance to the teams under direct
- Ensures that all program data and information is kept including
statistics from all sectors for purposes of reporting and reference.
Administration: Participates in
annual planning and budgeting for all programme activities in line with
planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines
- Ensure effective leadership and supervision of teams and individual
staff under supervision
- Manage, supervise and build the capacity of programme staff in quality
programme development, management and implementation
- Conduct training needs analysis for individuals and teams for
capacity development and performance
- Capacity building of staff (trainings and coaching sessions of teams
and individual staff in organization programming, performance management
- Provide support to team and individual staff performance management.
- Provide guidance to program staff in planning and monitoring
detailed implementation plans.
procedures in all transactions.
- The ideal candidate for the InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU) Senior
Community Services Officer job opportunity should preferably hold
a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social
Administration, Psychology, Community Psychology, Counselling &
Guidance, Development Studies or any equivalent.
- Possession of post graduate qualifications in project planning and
management is required
- At least five years of relevant work experience in humanitarian work
- Good interviewing skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to
teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Good communication skills, oral written and presentation.
- Excellent computer skills e.g.
in Ms Word, excel and power point
- Experience with managing teams
- People centred.
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work under a multi-cultural environment.
qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, updated
CVs and photo copies of their professional qualifications including three
referees via E-mail to both [email protected] and [email protected]
Kabala Anjagala Road,
latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or
find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline