Title: Technical Advisor Civil
Society (Water), Civil Society in Uganda Support Programme (CUSP)/
Strengthening Governance and Civil Society Progamme
is owned by the Federal republic of Germany with International operations in
Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national
and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of
the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the
Government of Uganda.
Advisor Civil Society (Water), Civil Society in Uganda Support Programme
(CUSP)/ Strengthening Governance and Civil Society Progamme will be responsible
- The support of civil society in the
thematic area water in close coordination with the line manager and the
thematic coordinator for water in the ENWASS Programme.
- Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and
Reporting of activities on district level in line with the mandate of the
programme and the ENWASS programme.
- Representation of the programme together
with the line manager in close cooperation with all relevant actors active
in the field and the region.
- Support a strategic alignment of the Hub
together with the line management.
- Establish partnerships with CSO
organizations and CSO platforms working on water topics and advise.
- Mapping of existing CSOs and CSO platforms
on different perspectives in the water sectors at the district level.
- Establish partnerships with the Ministry
of Water, Environment and WaterAuthority and advise in cooperation with
the thematic advisors.
- Create platforms and fora for exchange and
initiate processes as well as mechanisms for consultation.
- Closely cooperate with the thematic
advisors in the water programme with regards to network in the sector,
knowledge exchange and change projects.
- Cooperate closely with the technical
advisors in the decentralized Hubs in Gulu and Kampala as well as embedded
advisors in networks on water topics.
- Maintain close cooperation with all team
- Advise on strengthening CSO engagement in
- Regular travel is required.
- Ensure timely and smooth communication
between programme partners and within the programme.
- Support internal and external
representation of the programme in coordination with the line management.
- Provide input for communication material
and develop ideas for communication materials.
- Support programme activities, outputs and
- Support the reporting according to EU
- Provide timely input to M&E and
- Take over administrative tasks fora smooth
implementation of the programme.
- The applicant must hold a University
Degree in a relevant field, preferably in Law, Political Science, Social
Science or Development Studies.
- Three years of professional experience in
participation of civil society and/or the water sector.
- Professional experience in communication
for development is an added value.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative
research, data collection and data analysis.
- Working experience with civil society
organizations or governmental institutions.
- Very good knowledge of English, knowledge
of German is an added value.
- Excellent people skills and ability to
negotiate between different stakeholder groups.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Professional experience in results based
- Self-drive, creativity, and
problem-solving capacity are required.
- Able to work independent, responsible and
applications with detailed CVs (max. 3 pages) and a cover letter (max. 2 pages)
addressing the applicant’s motivation by email to: [email protected]
Only those applications quoting a reference number (check beginning of this
advert) as the subject heading will be accepted.
find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline