humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more
than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees
and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote
durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of
humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN
Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in
Protection Case Worker will deliver day to day implementation of child
Protection activities and follow up and report all protection risks and
incidents related to Children in Rhino camp under the supervision of the Child
Protection officer. You will undertake all Child Protection prevention and
response related activities that may include among others; training, awareness
raising, forums with opinion leaders and Focus group discussions etc. You work
and liaise closely with Child Protection assistant, guide and support Child
children at risk for efficient individual case management.
- Carry out BIAs and follow up assessments
to identify the immediate needs of children at risk for effective planning
of individual case management.
- Support comprehensive individual case
management for identified cases in terms of direct support, basic
counseling services and documented case referral.
- Support adolescent children to access
targeted age and gender friendly services in the help desk catchment area.
- Strengthen field level collaboration with
child protection actors and other relevant sectors
- Work in close collaboration with the Child
Protection Assistants, conduct fully documented case referrals to other
sectors and partners for services that are not within the mandate of DRC
child protection team and ensure at least 80% follow up success rate.
- Organize and conduct monthly child
protection and case management meetings at village level for villages in
help desk area
- Conduct community awareness sessions on
referral pathway and roles of the community and other child protection
actors in the community, among other sessions.
- Promote effective communication with
persons of concern, field level partners and work teams
- Mobilize and conduct community feedback
sessions on child protection interventions for further incorporation of
community views in to planning.
- Contribute to preparation of activity,
weekly and monthly progress reports for compilation by the child
- Proactively contribute to quality and
timely drafting of weekly, monthly reports
- Share daily updates on protection
incidents and risks related to children in his area if assignment to the
child protection assistant.
- Assure that funds allocated to activities
are used adequately
- Assure that funds are used in accordance
with all DRC / DDG finance procedures.
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee
Council (DRC) Child Protection Case Worker job placement should hold a
University degree in social sciences, guidance and counseling or relevant
- At least two (2) years’ experience working
with vulnerable communities, basic needs and protection programming
experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Professional training in Child Protection.
- Experience in child protection
interventions in line with Refugees operation with wide
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Proficiency in English (written and
spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to
conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills.
- Good self-organization and basic
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken by
South Sudanese and Congolese refugee is an asset.
- Familiarity with Monitoring &
Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- A cover letter (1
page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how
you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate
CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your
qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and
contact details of 3 relevant references.
indicating position name in the subject line.
find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline