Youth Network (UYONET)
(UYONET) is a regional focused leading umbrella Youth CSO Network that works to
mainstream young peoples’ engagement in development and governance processes in
East Africa and beyond. UYONET was started in 2002 to respond to the increasing
demand for a collective platform for research, training and policy advocacy for
young people by young people. With a membership of 31 district networks
constituted by over 147 youth organizations, UYONET has continued to be the
apex of youth programming and designing appropriate interventions that respond
to the needs of the youth across the region.
and Partnerships Manager will lead and coordinate all fundraising and
partnerships efforts, enabling us to continue to position young people to build
a stronger youth movement in Uganda. The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager
will lead on effective contract management of current grants while also
pro-actively seeking out new potential partners and donors including bilateral
and multilateral donors. She/he will, as a member of our Management Committee,
support effective leadership of the organisation.
- Develop and monitor implementation of
fundraising strategies and plans
- Identify and cultivate relationships with
potential new donors, including leading and/or supporting others to lead
- Coordinate project development and proposal
writing for donors
- Ensure effective contract management
- Lead on all proposal development processes and
ensure that UYONET is submitting atleast two donor proposals weekly.
- Liaise with programme, finance and M&E
staff to collate relevant data and information for high quality narrative
and financial reports
- Build the capacity of other UYONET staff to
- Lead on communications with potential donors in
collaboration with the
- Update and maintain donor management and
reporting plan on a regular basis
- Work closely with the management team to
contribute to donor management systems and processes
Management Committee 5%
monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising updates for review by the
- Contribute to key Management Committee
decisions/processes, including ensuring clear communication of decisions
to the wider staff team
- Actively support Management Committee members, including acting as cover whilst
members are on leave, on in the field etc.
- Serve as a role model at all times, embodying
UYONET values and ensuring staff adherence to policy and procedure across
- Line and performance manage the Fundraising and
- Train and mentor staff across the organisation
in fundraising, donor development and project cycle management
- Coordinate staff fundraising, partnerships and marketing efforts
- Develop and manage UYONET annual budget for
fundraising and marketing/publicity activities
- Develop and monitor fundraising projection
figures on a monthly basis
a partnership strategy
that will guide UYONET partnerships decisions
and maintain alliances and partnerships with the different actors.
UYONET as non-financial MOU with relevant government departments and other
on alliances that UYONET is part of at the national and East-African region.
on quarterly newsletters sharing with partners.
required. Occasionally working on weekends and holidays for which time off in
lieu can be taken.
applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences,
Development Studies or related field
least three years of experience in fundraising and donor management,
including proven experience of securing and managing grants from bi/multilaterals
- Excellent verbal and written communications
skills in English, including excellent networking skills at high-level
meetings and events
- Excellent numeracy skills, experience in budget
development and management
understanding of project cycle management
- Good knowledge of national, regional and global
- Good knowledge of development issues,
especially in relation to youth sexual and reproductive health,
livelihoods, and governance and accountability
- Ability to work in a team, including
coordinating cross-team collaborations
- Ability to develop staff skills in fundraising
and partnership development Desirable:
- Experience of working in development in an
- Experience of working in a youthful, multi-cultural environment
- Experience of private sector fundraising and
- Knowledge of online social platforms for
marketing and communications
- Experience of line and performance management
individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have
demonstrated analytical skills.
successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part
of a rapidly growing and developing organisation and be personally
Committed to UYONET mission and values.
interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via Email
to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by
31st March consider yourself unsuccessful.