Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is
jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan
Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional
and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy
including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium
Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Audit Manager will be tasked with the provision of assurance to the Board and
Management that Risk Management, Controls and Governance processes are working
as intended for the achievement of bank objectives.
- Carry out and/ or supervise periodic
reviews of all functional and operational audits stipulated in the annual
audit plan and report findings.
- Provide assurance on the IT governance, c
information security and all IT processes to ensure that the bank’s
objectives are achieved.
- Conduct IT risk assessment and participate
in the preparation of the annual work plan.
- Keenly review auditors’ files or work done
and ensure the internal auditing standards are complied with at all stages
of the audit process.
- Actively participate in the preparation of
the quarterly board papers.
- Provide practical suggestions
(recommendations) to Management and Board to address control weaknesses
identified across the IT function and the bank.
- Coordinate follow ups on Bank of Uganda,
external audit and internal audit recommendations and check that the
identified control gaps are closed.
- Regularly conduct reviews on disaster
recovery, IT Security, change management process, user access rights and
super user activities among others.
- Carry out fraud investigations as
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s
degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Quantitative
Economics, Statistics, Business Computing, Information Technology and any
other related course
- Possession of certifications like CISA,
CISM or CRISC and membership to ISACA is a MUST
- A minimum of three years of internal or
external IT auditing experience
- One to two years in Leadership/management
- Membership of IIA Uganda, ACCA or ICPAU is
an added advantage.
- Knowledge of auditing IT systems is a
- T24/Globus familiarity is an added
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and
please send a detailed application together with your CV, copies of your
academic certificates and transcripts and a cover letter of not more than 1 page explaining why
you consider yourself to be the best suited candidate.
find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline