Agribusiness Cluster Specialist
Performance Group is a leading human resource consultancy firm which provides
expert advice in outsourcing and manpower services, facility and fleet
management, recruitment processes, salary surveys, payroll services and staff
development e.g. in team building, training, board assessment, performance
management and other Human resource procedures. They would like to recruit for
a valuable client.
our Client’s operations by assisting colleagues in translating value chain
opportunities into viable businesses in their region of operation. With the
assistance of the project ABC Advisor based in Kampala, the incumbent will work
closely with larger companies and facilitate their contacts with cluster
actors, and will also work with financial service providers to develop
financial instruments for the various actors.
- Offer support in the identification, analysis
and evaluation of farmers’ constraints and in the assessment of the
potential impact of a range of technological solutions in their region of
- Provide technical support in the organization
agribusiness clusters at various levels, and train cluster participants to
identify and exploit business opportunities.
- Conduct feasibility studies and formulate
- Identify and recommend a range of on- and
off-farm services, as well as service providers, required to facilitate
the adoption of productivity-enhancing products and the commercialization
of farm surpluses.
- Significantly contribute in the design of
strategies to strengthen the linkages between farmers’ associations, the
private sector, government and civil society organizations.
- Facilitate market driven linkages between
agribusiness producers, wholesalers, processors, and markets within
- Carry out regular field visits to project
sites provide hands-on technical assistance and monitoring of program
activities and implementation.
- Contribute to M&E activities, including
data collection and reporting, in coordination with the project M&E
and Innovations Coordinator.
- The ideal candidate for the Agribusiness
Cluster Specialist vacancy should hold
a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business, agriculture,
economics, etc.) with seven years of relevant managerial experience.
- Strong management, leadership, and
- Significant experience in coordinating
activities better different project elements.
- Working knowledge of value chain(s) for
priority commodity(s) in their area of operation.
- Practical knowledge of Ugandan private sector
with agribusiness experience considered a bonus.
- Previous experience with gender mainstreaming
- Good networking skills; existing relations
with government, private, and NGO value chain actors.
- Proven ability to work and coordinate
effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including the private
sector, other projects, local governments and international agencies.
- Previous experience agricultural/agribusiness
- Proven record of achieving impacts in a
- Good communication and reporting skills in
- Knowledge of one or more languages spoken in
area of operation.
- Proven ability to work independently and to
- Willing to travel extensively in region of
suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated
CVs to [email protected].
Please clearly state the title of the position you are applying for and the
sent documents should not exceeding 2MB in total size.