Systems (ASSIST) Project
Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality
of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a
non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects
in over 45 countries, including the United States.
USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is
QPI’s leading project that is dedicated to improving health, population and
nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions,
country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
The project carries on the work of the USAID Health Care Improvement Project and
is focused on building the capacity of host country providers and managers to
apply modern quality improvement methods, make essential services accessible to
all who need them, and ensure that care is delivered in compliance with
standards and client needs, for every client, every time. An important global
objective of the ASSIST Project is knowledge management: to facilitate
documentation and sharing of evidence for improvement of specific care
processes, based on the work of individual QI teams, large-scale improvement
efforts, and/or research, and to make this information readily available
through Web technology. The USAID ASSIST project in Uganda is a nationwide
project supporting quality improvement activities. In the 15 districts in
Northern Uganda, the USAID ASSIST project also supports capacity building
Assistant will primarily be responsible for providing a conducive and clean
environment within which all URC – ASSIST staff work and demonstrate acceptable
hygiene in all their work. The incumbent will support office management
services including safe delivery of documents, photocopying, scanning and
ensuring safety of offices and equipment.
- Safe delivery of documents/messages from one
office to the other
- Ensure total confidentiality for any
information that come your way while undertaking cleaning of offices and
do not trash any documents that may have fallen down from the officer’s
- Render support in photocopying and arranging
of documents and handouts as requested by staff.
- Report all faults with the lighting in all
- Ensure that staff offices are cleaned and
well arranged- floors cleaned, shelves, furniture and equipment dusted
before the staff report for duty.
- Ensure that the reception floor, office
space, staircases, corridors and washrooms are swept, mopped and kept dry
- Carry out periodic cleaning of the office
windows and cobweb sweeping.
- Carry out a routine check every morning to
ensure that toilets accessories are available in all the Washrooms.
- Empty all waste paper baskets.
- Assist in compound cleaning when requested
- Ensure that at all times there is sufficient
- Prepare tea for URC -ASSIST staff and
visitors upon request and ensure that supplies (sugar, coffee, teabags,
napkins) are available at all times.
- Ensure that at all times the kitchen is kept
clean and tidy and that all used utensils are cleaned.
- Responsible for carrying out periodic stock
taking of all kitchen utensils and consumables should be made and whenever
necessary, requisition for replacement made in consultation with the
- Retrieve all used utensils at intervals for
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your
- The ideal candidate for the USAID ASSIST
Project Office Assistant career placement should hold an A’ level
certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ office management
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Should have high levels of integrity and confidentiality
suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated
CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information
for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come
in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com
or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline