Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament;
The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on
1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to
develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general
roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
responsible for carrying out routine inspection, field and laboratory materials
testing for road and bridge development and maintenance projects for quality
control purposes. In addition, the Technician will be responsible for obtaining
representative field samples, and inspection of ongoing construction works for
compliance to engineering plans and specifications.
- The incumbent will offer support in
conducting independent soils and materials investigations on the design
and construction works by obtaining representative field samples in accordance
with the approved soils and materials testing manual;
- Actively participate in the review of
contractors and consultants’ quality assurance procedures and
- Conduct inspection and independent checks of
design and construction works for compliance with approved quality
procedures, method statement and testing plan;
- Actively participate in the review of soils
and materials data and test results in line with soils and material
- Routinely inspect construction works to
ensure materials used conform to engineering plans, specifications and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Materials
- The applicant for the UNRA Materials
Technician job opportunity should hold an Ordinary Diploma in Civil
Engineering or any other related field;
- At least two years’ experience in Soils and
Materials investigations and tests.
- High degree of integrity;
- Proven track record of outstanding performance;
- Good team player
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal, particularly
staff/management relations skills
- Ability to deliver accurate results in a
timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their
handwritten application letters, filled application form (Download
Here) , an updated CV with copies of academic documents and two referee
letters (one of whom should be work-related) to the UNRA Kyambogo Training
Centre addressed to the:
of the Director Human Resource,
National Roads Authority,
5 Lourdel Road Nakasero, P.O. Box 28487, Kampala.
Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification. Candidates
who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.