University is the second largest Public University in Uganda. Since its
formation in 2003, the University has established itself as one of the leading
Universities in Uganda offering a number of academic programmes in line with
vocational education, teacher training, hands-on engineering, special needs
training, social sciences, pure and applied sciences, entrepreneurship and
management that meet the Market remands and development needs of the Country.
The Strategic Focus Areas of the University include: Teaching Learning;
Research, Innovation and Knowledge Generation; Physical Infrastructure,
Facilities and ICT Development; Institutional Development and Strategic
- Update and maintain the records and
information management system.
- Ensure safety and accuracy of office records
in the University.
- The Records Assistant will make sure that all
staff or students in the University have personal information clearly documented
in their personal files.
- Sort and Classify records as required
- Identify records that need to be transferred
to the archives and recommend to the supervisor accordingly.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the records
- Retrieve and avail personal files of staff as
required by user departments/ personnel.
- Perform any other official duties as assigned
by the supervisor.
- The ideal candidates for the Records
Assistant vacancies should hold a Diploma in Records Management or Library
and Information Science or Archives Management.
- A minimum of two years of related experience in
records management in a formal organization.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent communication, leadership and
- High degree of integrity.
suitably qualified and interested candidates should send four (4) copies of
their applications together with the following:
- A Detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts
- Names and addresses of three referees who
should be advised to send reference letters direct to the Director Human
Resources under confidential cover.
- Copies of the birth certificate or copies of
relevant pages of the passport or National ID indicating the applicant’s
date of birth.
complete and sealed application should be addressed to:
Director Human Resources,
Floor, Administration Block,
Box 1, Kyambogo, Kampala. Uganda